Disclusion Time Reduction (DTR) Therapy
Disclusion Time Reduction (DTR) Therapy is a specialized dental treatment procedure that requires the use of T-Scan to evaluate occlusal (bite) forces.
DTR Therapy uses T-Scan™ digital occlusal analysis data to measure the impact of side movements on the occlusal plane. The goal is to identify contacts that may be overly engaging during side movements of the jaw, a problem that can lead to hyperactive muscles, breakage, and TMD symptoms. The clinician evaluates the time it takes for posterior teeth to disengage during side-to-side movements in real time.
Using T-Scan to perform DTR Therapy allows the clinician to:
- Identify overly engaged contacts during side movements
- Evaluate how muscles are firing during bite cycles
- Verify occlusal contacts that could be contributing to TMD symptoms
- Use data to guide adjustment procedures
- Objectively analyze the timing of disclusion